As part of the Uniting Church in Australia we are guided by our founding document, ‘The Basis of Union‘. We are a conservative evangelical congregation which can be expressed as follows:
- We accept the Scriptures as the authoritative Word of God and the unique, prophetic and apostolic witness to Jesus Christ, received through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the full divinity and humanity of Christ, that he lived a life of perfect obedience; that his death was a ransom for our sin.
- We believe in the resurrection of Christ as a physical reality and that he will come again to judge the world.
- We believe in the resurrection of the body and eternal life for those who repent of their sin and accept Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- We believe that we are saved by God’s grace through faith in Christ alone and that he is the only way to God.
- We believe we are called to bear witness to Jesus Christ in word and deed, and in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that through faith in Jesus Christ, we are joined with other believers in Christ’s body – the church, and that regular participation in the church’s worshiping life along with personal spiritual disciplines of Bible reading and prayer are essential for spiritual health and growth.
- We believe that all believers are gifted with the Holy Spirit to empower them to life for God’s glory and to fulfil His purpose for their lives for the sake of the Kingdom.